The official start of the season of togetherness with family, friends, acquaintances, and even perfect strangers. Through random acts of kindness or being intentional in the way we show gratitude, this holiday season can be a wonderful catalyst to reignite our wonder and connection to each other and the world we live in.
Study after study has proven that gratitude, and being thankful for even the small things in life, makes us happier.
…And more well-liked.
In short, gratitude can (and will, if we choose to let it) change our lives.
We are certainly not telling you what and how you should feel. For a lot of folks, the holidays are tough. What we are suggesting is that you take stock of your life — see who’s in it and around the Thanksgiving table — and find all the little things to be thankful for.
If you need a little help seeing things clearly, or if you want to help others to find hidden treasures that may be hiding in plain sight, take a look at this Gratitude Scavenger Hunt for Kids and Adults:
- Find something outside you enjoy looking at
- Find something that is useful for you
- Find something that is your favorite color
- Find something you know someone else will enjoy
- Find something that makes you happy
- Find something that tastes good
- Find something that smells amazing
- Discover something new
- Find something that makes you feel safe
- Find something that makes a beautiful sound
- Find someone you are grateful for
- Find something that is unique to you
- Find something that makes you laugh
- Find something in the night that you enjoy
- Find something in the morning that you enjoy
- Find a friend/pet that you love spending time with
- Find your favorite place to spend alone time
- Find something that reminds you of the people you love
- Find something that you enjoy doing outside with friends
- Find a place that you love
What a fantastic way to get together, put your brains together, and learn something about each other. And there’s no talk of politics! That should make everyone thankful! Happy Thanksgiving!
We would be remiss if we didn’t take this opportunity to say what we hope is obvious: We sure are incredibly grateful for you!