Foods that Act as Fat Burners in Your Body
- Some foods burn more calories in our bodies than the actual content of calories in the food itself. For example:
- Tangerines, limes, papaya, grapefruit, oranges, guava, tomatoes, celery
- Supplemental Vitamin C
- It supports Carnitine metabolism in our bodies, which helps us to burn free fatty acids (fatty acid shuttle) in our mitochondria.
- Cayenne and Curry and Green Tea have thermogenic properties, as well.
- Green Tea in trials has documented fat burning (thermogenic) activity.
- Other foods and nutrients that can help burn fat:
- Apple-pectin reduce fat cells ability to absorb fat
- Leafy greens, arugula, & lettuce
- Cabbage reduces conversion of sugars and carbohydrates into fats.
- Omega 3 fatty acids enhance the bodies fat burning activities
- Omega 3 fatty acids reduce insulin resistance
- Omega 7 oils (newcomer to the party), known as Palmitoleic acid. Purified forms dramatically improve insulin resistance, which can help a pre-diabetic and type-II diabetic. Also aids your ability to burn sugar and fats much more efficiently.
- Lentils are very alkalinizing and contain high fiber. Plus, they cause the body to expend more in calories to expend it versus the calories it carries.
March 3, 2016