DGL PLUS Essentials
This is a complete new product which includes highly effective GutGard. Capsule formulation-No chalky taste. Use for dyspepsia and H. Pylori.
We are pleased to announce the reformulation of DGL Plus Essentials, one of our gastrointestinal support products formulated to help maintain a healthy mucosal surface in the stomach. In addition to deglycyrrhized licorice root extract, DGL’s potent formula includes aloe vera, slippery elm bark and marshmallow root, all used to soothe the GI tract. DGL Plus Essentials will now be available in capsule delivery in a 60-count bottle, with a serving size of 2 capsules. This is the same dosing as the original, tablet formulation. The formula will now include GutGard®, a clinically studied form of deglycyrrhized licorice that provides improved control of the glycyrrhized content and a rich source of flavonoids. We have advanced the delivery of this product to continue to provide an efficacious dose of DGL that soothes and supports the GI tract, while improving patient compliance.
- Supports Gastrointestinal Health
- Helps Maintain a Healthy Mucosal Surface in the Stomach
- Promotes a Healthy Esophageal Lining
- IMPORTANT NEW PRODUCT INFORMATION AND RESEARCH
DGL PLUS Essentials has transitioned from a chewable tablet to a convenient capsule delivery and now includes a new ingredient called GutGard® which is a patented flavonoid rich phytochemical composition for improving gut health derived from Glycyrrhiza glabra. GutGard® has positive published research showing that it is effective when delivered in capsules at the following doses.
- Against Functional Dyspepsia (75 mg capsule twice a day)
- Against Helicobacter pylori infection (150 mg capsule once a day)
Does DGL PLUS Essentials need to be activated by chewing/saliva?
We were able to improve the efficacy of the formula and ultimately deliver the reformulated DGL PLUS Essentials in two capsules per serving versus the current two tablet serving. Our research investigating the need for DGL PLUS Essentials to be activated by saliva (the main reason it has been used in chewable tablets for years) is not substantiated by published literature and is only stated in textbooks as historical use. Since the positive trials using GutGard® have not included chewable tablets (only capsules) we made the decision to deliver DGL PLUS Essentials in capsules. In addition to this more straightforward approach, it allows us to avoid the issue of excipients and flavor ingredients that are always an issue with various segments of our customer base.
Effect of GutGard in the Management of Helicobacter pylori: A Randomized Double Blind Placebo Controlled Study
- pylori is a gram-negative spiral, or helical shaped bacteria inhabiting the gastric epithelial cells
- Prevalence rates ranging from nearly 7% to greater than 95%
- Associated with increased risk of developing upper GI tract diseases: namely peptic ulcer disease, gastric carcinoma & gastric MALT lymphoma
Licorice- Glycyrrhiza glabra: known to exhibit antimicrobial activity against several gram-negative and gram-positive bacterial strains
- Exhibits anti-inflammatory activity likely through inhibition of COX and LOX pathways
- Anti-ulcer activity was demonstrated in pylorus ligation, cold-restraint stress & indomethacin induced ulcer
- GutGard inhibits DNA gyrase
- DNA gyrase is an essential bacterial enzyme that catalyzes the ATP-dependent negative supercoiling of double stranded closed-circular DNA.
- Vital for transcription and replication of bacteria
- GutGard inhibited protein synthesis and DHFR enzyme in vitro
- Blockade of DHFR causes cell death through inhibition of DNA synthesis à inhibits H.pylori replication
Study: double blind placebo controlled trial
- Subjects aged 18-45 years old with positive H. pylori stool antigen test and C-urea breath test
- GutGard n=55; placebo= 52
- Dose: one capsule with a glass of water before food for 60 days
- At day 0 and day 30, all subjects showed positive results in HpSA and C-UBT test (all subjects still had H.pylori)
- At day 60, 56% of GutGard participants were negative for H. pylori; 4% of placebo participants were negative
- GutGard is 73.2% or 3.73 times more effective than placebo
An Extract of Glycyrrhiza glabra (GutGard) Alleviates Symptoms of Functional Dyspepsia: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study
Study: to evaluate the effectiveness of GutGard (75mg) twice daily for 30 days in patients with functional dyspepsia using changes in the pre- and post-intervention scores of the study outcome measures
- 50 patients diagnosed with functional dyspepsia
- Placebo n=25(16 males, 9 females); GutGard n=25 (15 males, 10 females)
- Dose: take placebo or GutGard (75mg twice daily) with a glass of water after food
- Assessment: change in severity of symptoms using the 7-point Likert scale
- assessed on days 0, 15, and 30
- GutGard exhibited significant reduction in total symptom scores on day 15 and day 30
- Marked improvement in global assessment of efficacy
- Significantly decreased the Nepean dyspepsia index on day 15 and day 30 as compared to the placebo group
- Patients assessment of global efficacy as measure by the proportion of patients without symptoms or with marked improvements have shown the superiority of GutGard treatment (56%) over placebo (0%)
- GutGard notably decreased the intensity of symptoms such as upper abdominal fullness & epigastric pain which are considered as important symptoms of functional dyspepsia.
- Participants on GutGard exhibited significantly improved quality of life
How to dose based on these the two studies:
If the product is being used to target H. pylori: needs to be taken BEFORE food;
If the product is being taken to target functional dyspepsia: needs to be taken AFTER food
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
Check out our shop page for our full list of available products.
There are no reviews yet.