We all know how hard it can be to eat well throughout the day, especially when eating outside of the home. Below are some simple, but important ways to help you stay on track!
Tips for Healthy Eating:
1) Daily Balanced Food Selection:
- 30-35% vegetables
- 25-30% proteins
- 15-20% beans and grains
- 15-20% fats and oils and fruits
2) Drink Plenty of Purified Water Daily
- Up to ½ your body weight in ounces
3) Be creative!
- Eat a variety of foods.
- Not the same foods at each meal
4) The Key to Digestion is Chewing Food Thoroughly before Swallowing.
5) Avoid All Packaged and Pre-packaged Foods.
- Must eat fresh and foods that are free from added sugars, bad fats, & preservatives
- Avoid additives (food sensitizers); these are very addicting foods and they keep us coming back for more of the same.
6) Drinks Most of Your Fluids between Meals and Not with Main Meals.
7) Wash Fruits and Vegetables Well
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar to 1 gallon of water as a soak
- Try to buy organic or locally grown
8) Do Not Eat a Meal when Stressed
9) Try to Walk or Exercise Daily, Especially after Meals
Tips for Eating Out:
1) Pass on Dipping Oils and Bread
2) Skip Appetizers Period; Particularly when Fried
3) Salad is a Must
- Avoid dressings: ranch, French, etc.
- Olive oil and vinegar only
4) Don’t go to Dinner Ravenous
- Snack on an apple or raw nuts prior to going
5) Avoid Buffets at all Cost
6) Avoid Gravies or Heavy Cream Sauces on Any Food
7) Choose High Fiber Vegetables
- Broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus.
- Not corn.
8) Skip Dessert or have Fresh Fruit
9) Avoid Alcohol Prior to Meals