NAC 600 Capsules
- N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) is a vital precursor to important antioxidant enzymes produced in the liver. These enzymes are more important antioxidants than exogenous compounds such as Vitamin E, Vitamin C or grape seed extract because they are the ubiquitous workhorses that neutralize free radicals when dietary antioxidants are not present. Just as millions of free radical compounds are generated every moment as a normal by-product of metabolism, so too, must millions of neutralizing antioxidants be manufactured in the body.
- NAC is such an important antioxidant protector that a drug is now in the works that pairs it with acetaminophen (Tylenol). Acetaminophen ravages the liver at higher doses and is implicated in the deaths of hundreds of people each year, usually due to intentional overdosing. It is reasoned among researchers that adding 200 mg of NAC for every 500 mg of acetaminophen will eliminate the hepatotoxic effects of the drug and save lives.
- Selenium & molybdenum are minerals important to the make up of antioxidant enzymes. This may be one reason that researchers have discovered a link between diets that are low in selenium and various types of cancer. The role of free radical damage is well documented in cancer proliferation and since selenium particularly increases antioxidant enzyme production, it may prevent a portion of the otherwise constant assault.
- Can increase the metabolism (breakdown) of certain drugs, which renders them less effective.
• NAC Plus is a powerful antioxidant in a vegetarian capsule that can be taken 2-4 times daily. Take in between meals (as with most amino acids). Even one a day is effective.
N-Acetyl Cysteine, Selenium and Molybdenum are important building blocks for antioxidant enzymes produced by the liver.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) vegetarian capsule, two (2) to four (4) times daily between meals or, as directed by a health care professional. Store in a cool, dry place and away from direct light.
Keep out of reach of children.
Quality and Potency Guaranteed.
|These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. For educational purposes only.|
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
Check out our shop page for our full list of available products.