The “Universal” Antioxidant
Numerous scientific evidence shows that lipoic acid has enormous potential in the prevention and treatment of type II diabetes:
- Oxidative stress plays a major role in the development of diabetes. Due to its properties as a strong antioxidant, alpha-lipoic acid is extremely effective in alleviating oxidative stress.
- Alpha-Lipoic acid improves insulin action, stimulates insulin sensitivity and attenuates metabolic conditions associated with insulin resistance and syndrome X.
- Diabetes is associated with deficiencies in glucose metabolism. Alpha-Lipoic acid augments glucose utilization, stimulates glucose uptake, increases glycolysis and inhibits gluconeogenesis.
Alpha-Lipoic acid is a cofactor of several multienzyme complexes, e.g. pyruvate dehydrogenase or a-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase.
Alpha-Lipoic acid triggers the oxidative conversion of substrates and their transfer onto Coenzyme A. Regeneration of Alpha-Lipoic acid from dihydrolipoic acid is effected by the NAD+ / NADH2+ redox system.
As part of the “antioxidant network”, Alpha-Lipoic acid is known to protect against damage and diseases mediated by free radicals.
Alpha-Lipoic acid is called the “ideal” or “universal antioxidant” due to its unique properties on a molecular and cellular level:
- Alpha-Lipoic acid is a natural, body-own, safe and effective molecule
- Alpha-Lipoic acid is readily absorbed, easily transported through cell membranes, and both water- and fat-soluble
- Alpha-Lipoic acid has a pronounced reactivity towards free radicals, and is quickly converted to the even more powerful dihydrolipoic acid
- Alpha-Lipoic acid is able to recycle other endogeneous antioxidants; e.g., vitamin C or glutathione in aqueous cytoplasm, as well as vitamin E in fat-soluble cell membranes
The Essentials Alpha-Lipoic Acid is Solvent-Free and that’s unusual with Alpha-Lipoic Acid. There are alarming levels of solvents used in the other products tested compared to that in ours.
The content of Residual Solvents in medicinal products or drugs should be limited – or completely avoided for obvious reasons!
The Essentials Alpha-Lipoic Acid may improve glucose metabolism in insulin-resistant skeletal muscle, potentially lending it to the task of restoring glucose availability.
Available now… Click here forAlpha-Lipoic Acid.
For more information, or if you think Alpha-Lipoic Acid may help you, call 1-877-275-7743 to schedule a consultation.